Sunday, February 22, 2009

Socialize sports?

A reporter asked University of Connecticut basketball coach Jim Calhoun if he should take a pay cut due to the hard economic times of the state. I agree that coaches and athletes are paid too much. I always ask myself, "What do they do with all of that money?" But it isn't the coach or athlete's fault that he is getting that enormous salary. If I had the chance on getting paid that much, I'd take it.

The people who get paid large salaries can do what they please with their money. They can give some of it to charity or spend it all on themselves.

I, for one, wish that athletes did not get paid so much. I want to go to the games and they are so expensive. But, if their employer wants to pay them a lot, that's their problem.

Here's the video, as courtesy of ESPN:

No comments: