Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Glenn Beck: Media Bias

(from GlennBeck.com Current Events, click to also listen to Glenn Beck)

August 13, 2008 - 13:02 ET

GLENN: Have you seen the story of the woman who is a delegate to the Democratic party, who's having her credentials revoked? She's being disinvited from the Democratic convention because she's outspoken against Barack Obama and questions his ability? Oh, you can't have him you can't have her speak. God forbid you have her start to speak out at the Democratic convention. Yet where are the people that are going to speak out? Where are the Democrats? Where are the good Democrats? I told you four years ago your party is being hijacked by the extreme left. I don't know if anybody heard me then, but I hope you hear me now. They have been hijacked by Marxists. Very small number of freaks that have hijacked the Democratic party. And that very small number is taking the Democratic party into a direction that I know Democrats, the good Democrats that I know don't want to go. But they are willing to just coexist, thinking that they are using them for fuel to make sure they get the next win because that evil George Bush and Dick Cheney. You are wrong. You are going to be silenced just like Joe Lieberman has been silenced. Just like the Blue Dog Democrats that went to congress have been silenced by the extreme left. And now if the extreme left takes control of congress and the White House, the rest of America will be silenced through the Fairness Doctrine and it's not just talk radio. Remember, where did the original heat come from on Jeremiah Wright? It wasn't in the mainstream media. It was in talk radio. And then it coupled with the Internet. Well, here's the neat thing. This is great. The Fairness Doctrine, according to the now head of the FCC, he says it's going to come back but it's also going to include the Internet, so the government can control the Internet. Well, that's fantastic. Oh, that's great. We can be just like China. You know what, we're becoming China. Look at the evidence. Google it. I mean, unless you're in China. But here's what he said and see if this sounds like a familiar charge that they leveled against the Bush administration when nobody was trying to shut down free speech. You just didn't buy a movie ticket to go see a movie because you couldn't take Tim Robbins. That's what you picked. Nobody in the government was saying don't go see Tim Robbins. Nobody sass weighing that. Nobody was saying, we'll never make a particular Robbins, Tim Robbins will never work in this city again. Nobody said that. Just didn't want to buy his movie ticket. That's my right as an individual. But what's interesting is he said, the head of the FCC, it's coming back, members of congress are working on it right now but it will not be called the Fairness Doctrine. Of course it won't. It will be the Sunshine and Lollipop Act, somebody H something that will make everybody sunshine, it will be the hope and change act. No, you know what? It needs to be more it needs to wrap itself up into the Constitution. It will be the patriotic defense of the First Amendment act. And if you say yes, you'll get your free flag lapel pin. It's the freedom of expression and integrity act, while we close down and monitor the Internet and we monitor talk radio. It will be the Universal Free Speech Act. Actually I think these clowns, with everything that they said about, oh, how evil it is, how evil it is to wrap yourself in the flag, you notice how many flags are flying behind Barack Obama, a man who said he wouldn't wear a flag lapel pin and now he would? Please, they don't stand for anything. They don't say what they mean or mean what they say. It will be the lost last words of George Washington while he was not chopping down a cherry tree to save the environment, while wrapping himself in a flag in hopes for change act. That's what it will be called.

So I read that last night and then I get up this morning and the first thing I see on television I turn on is a story about this Tropical Thunder movie. And the first thing I think of, there is controversy around Tropical Thunder and I think, jeez, have they not gone are we really talking about Robert Downey, Jr. and blackface? You know what, I'd pay attention to this story if everybody were outraged at two African Americans wearing white face. How about white chicks? "Oh, my gosh, I was so hurt by that. Why didn't they just get two white guys to dress up as chicks? Why did they just get two white chicks to dress up as white chicks?" I wasn't really offended. I don't care. So I'm already on, okay, here we go, more political correctness. Boy, wish we could control the Internet and free speech on talk radio because God forbid we talk about what's going on in the world. No, that's not what it is. That's not what it is.

By the way, the movie's getting a general pass because on the blackface thing because it's Robert Downey, Jr. If it were me, oh, my gosh, I'd never work again anywhere. Well, I could be the best actor in the world and I still wouldn't have gotten a Hollywood movie because of my opinions. But if it was because of my opinions and I was in blackface, I would be Hillaried. But Robert Downey, Jr., not only is he an Oscar winner, he's also done heroin. What a guy. Oh, the things he's gone through. He's done heroin. He's almost Heath Ledger. That's fantastic. He will be the best guy in blackface ever. If he just died before the movie would come out, we could give him an Oscar.

That's not the problem. I'll tell you the problem now, and I've had enough. I've had enough.

No comments: