Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ted Turner: God is sending us a message on oil, coal

Ted Turner, the CNN founder and former athiest, has an idea on why there have been some recent disasters.

He says, "I’m not a real religious person, but I’m somewhat religious. And I’m just wondering if God is telling us he doesn’t want us to drill offshore," in a CNN interview.

He added, "And right before that we had that coal mine disaster in West Virginia where we lost 29 miners," as well as repeated mining disasters – "seems like there’s one over there every week" – in China.

"Maybe the Lord’s tired of having the mountains of West Virginia, the tops knocked off of them so they can get more coal. I think maybe we ought to just leave the coal in the ground and go with solar and wind power and geo-thermals where it’s applicable."

He also added saying the the United States is the biggest polluter in the world.

Well, I disagree with him considering that God is upset with oil and coal and wants us to use green energy.

I'm not against green energy, it is good too, but don't eliminate what works and is cheap. Oil is cheap.

IN THE NEWS:
CNN: Ted Turner: Is God speaking in Gulf Coast spill?

No comments: